The Ventura County Area Agency on Aging (VCAAA) through HICAP provides free and unbiased counseling to and advocacy for persons who are receiving Medicare or who will soon be receiving Medicare.
Trained volunteer counselors offer objective information and provide assistance with problems relating to Medicare, health maintenance organization (HMO) plans, supplemental (Medigap) insurance policies and longterm care insurance. There are NO charges or fees!
- Understand Medicare
- Compare Medicare supplemental insurance (Medigap) plans.
- Review Health maintenance organization (HMO) and other managed care options.
- Prepare Medicare, supplemental insurance, and HMO appeals and challenge claim denials.
- Explore long-term care insurance choices.
- Clarify your rights as a health care consumer.
HICAP in Ojai is at Little House, 111 W. Santa Ana Street. Call Little House at 805-646-5122 for more information.