The Community Assistance Program (CAP) provides basic needs and case management services for the low income and homeless clients in the Ojai Valley. CAP provides daily lunches, laundry, food, employment and referral services to individuals and families.
C.A.P. SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Thrift Store Vouchers
- Information and Referrals
- Occasional Small Loans
- Monthly Food Pantry
- Fresh Produce Giveaway
- Rental and Mortgage Assistance (Limited)
- Utility Assistance
- Case management services including:
- Financial assessment
- Employment support
- Senior Case Management Services
- Monthly “HELP” bags of food for homebound seniors and the disabled
- Brown Bag Program
- Medical Copays (Limited)
- Services for homeless clients: showers, laundry program, phone and message service, mail, daily lunches, and medical referrals.
- Healthy Families application assistance for low cost health, vision, and dental insurance for qualified applicants
- H.E.A.P. (Home Energy Assistance Program) – available year round, this program assists with gas or electric bills for qualified, low-income applicants.
- Administration of Funds provided by the City of Ojai for eviction prevention and move-in costs to prevent homelessness. Administration of the City of Ojai Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program.
- Coordination of families in need during Thanksgiving and Christmas with agencies and individuals providing these services.
- Networking with other Ventura County agencies as needed.
“When my husband was laid off from his job we thought he would find something else soon and we would be alright. One month became two months and there wasn’t any work out there. Rent was right around the corner. What was I going to do? I don’t want my kids to be homeless. HELP’s CAP (Community Assistance Program) saved my life by paying our rent. Without that help we would be on the streets.” – program participant
HELP’s Community Assistance Program is located at 108 Fox Street, Ojai, CA 93023 Phone: (805) 640-3320, Fax: (805) 640-3322 or e-mail CAP through the form below.